By Alistair G. Lowe-Norris, Robbie Allen
When Microsoft brought home windows 2000, an important swap used to be the inclusion of lively listing. With many nice merits, it remains to be a big headache for community and method directors to layout, enforce and aid. the 1st version of this ebook, O'Reilly's best-selling Windows 2000 energetic Directory, eased their soreness significantly. Now titled Active Directory, 2d variation, this booklet presents method and community directors, IT pros, technical venture managers, and programmers with a transparent, designated examine energetic listing for either home windows 2000 and home windows Server 2003.
The upgraded energetic listing that ships with home windows Server 2003 has over a hundred new and more suitable beneficial properties and once more, O'Reilly has the solutions to complicated questions. whereas Microsoft's documentation serves as an incredible reference, Active Directory, 2d variation is a consultant to assist the curious (and weary) comprehend the massive photograph. as well as the technical information for imposing lively listing, a number of new and considerably superior chapters describe the various positive aspects which have been up-to-date or further in home windows Server 2003 in addition to assurance of recent programmatic interfaces which are to be had to regulate it. After analyzing the booklet you can be accustomed to the light-weight listing entry Protocol (LDAP), multi-master replication, area identify approach (DNS), crew coverage, and the lively listing Schema, between many different topics.
Authors Robbie Allen and Alistair G. Lowe-Norris are skilled veterans with real-world event. Robbie is a Senior platforms Architect within the complicated prone know-how workforce at Cisco platforms. He used to be instrumental within the deployment and automation of lively listing, DNS and DHCP at Cisco, and is now engaged on community automation instruments. Alistair is an company application supervisor for Microsoft U.K. and formerly labored for Leicester collage because the venture supervisor and technical lead of the speedy Deployment software for home windows 2000.
Active Directory, second version will advisor you thru the maze of suggestions, layout concerns and scripting innovations allowing you to get the main from your deployment.
Read or Download Active Directory, Second Edition PDF
Best windows desktop books
Make home windows XP, the web, and your computing device interact at GigaSpeedThe Dummies approach * vast collection of issues * causes in simple English * convenient tabs to mark favourite spots * "Get in, get out" details * specified "Check It Out" positive factors * a touch of humor and funOur greatest home windows XP e-book ever in a single handy package deal!
This present day, Linux is incorporated with approximately each embedded platform. Embedded builders can take a extra glossy course and spend extra time tuning Linux and making the most of open resource code to construct extra powerful, feature-rich purposes. whereas Gene Sally doesn't forget porting Linux to new undefined, sleek embedded is extra subtle than ever: such a lot structures contain the functions discovered on computer structures.
Simply the stairs you must get going with home windows 7! Coming in day and date with Microsoft's intriguing free up of the hot Window 7 working process, this pleasant, available ebook indicates you the positive factors and capabilities you wish from this intriguing new working procedure. offered in a sequence of numbered steps which are concise, visually transparent, and simple to stick to, you will learn how to navigate the home windows 7 computer, create documents, hook up with the web, seek the internet, use e mail, and extra with this enjoyable and sensible advisor.
Home windows eight is a giant swap from any earlier home windows working process. even if you’re a religious home windows consumer or new to the working approach, the newest and maximum replace to the home windows sequence is the following to alter the way in which that you simply use a computing device laptop. the enjoyment in utilizing home windows eight comes from the truth that it’s the main streamlined home windows event but, simplifying the place issues must be simplified and making the entire person event a far friendlier one.
- Learning WCF: A Hands-on Guide
- Alan Simpson's Windows XP Bible
- Internet Annoyances
- Planning, Implementing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment for an MCSE Certified on Windows 2000 Study Guide
- Windows 7 for Dummies
- SPSS 16.0 Base User's Guide
Additional resources for Active Directory, Second Edition
5. 6. 7. Summary Chapter 15. 1. 2. Summary Chapter 16. 1. 2. 3. 4. Summary Chapter 17. 1. 2. 3. 4. Summary Part III: Scripting Active Directory with ADSI, ADO, and WMI Chapter 18. 1. What Are All These Buzzwords? 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Summary Chapter 19. 1. 2. 3. 4. Summary Chapter 20. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Summary Chapter 21. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. Summary Chapter 22. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Summary Chapter 23. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Summary Chapter 24. 1. 2. 3. Summary Chapter 25. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Summary Chapter 26.
5. 6. 7. Summary Colophon Index Copyright Copyright © 2003, 2000 O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. Printed in the United States of America. , 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472. O'Reilly & Associates books may be purchased for educational, business, or sales promotional use. com). com. Nutshell Handbook, the Nutshell Handbook logo, and the O'Reilly logo are registered trademarks of O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. The association between the image of domestic cats and the topic of Active Directory is a trademark of O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
In Part II, we focus on various design issues and methodologies, to enable you to map your organization's business requirements into your Active Directory infrastructure. Getting the design right the first time around is critical to a successful implementation, but it can be extremely difficult if you have no experience deploying Active Directory. In Part III, we cover in detail management of Active Directory programmatically through scripts based on Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI), ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
Active Directory, Second Edition by Alistair G. Lowe-Norris, Robbie Allen